POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : rules violations in 'architecture' round : Re: rules violations in 'architecture' round Server Time
1 Jun 2024 07:51:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rules violations in 'architecture' round
From: Slashdolt
Date: 1 May 2003 17:08:55
Message: <3eb18ce7$1@news.povray.org>
> * home.jpg
3 images, not one render, sounds like violation.

> * 3dcomwat.jpg
Sounds like they admit violating the rules by adding people via photoshop.
The people don't look 3D, so that's probably the case.

> * m_fairyt.jpg and jg_w3way.jpg
I must disagree with you here and quote the FAQ (yes, I'm FAQ-happy today
indeed).
"[1.1.14] Is it legal to resize my image after it is rendered?
Yes, it is. Be careful doing it, though--unless done correctly, resizing can
often add unwanted visual artifacts to an image. "
and
"[1.1.11] Exactly what do you mean by "post-processing"?
That means running any image-manipulation program on the image after it is
rendered. Paint programs, photo manipulation programs, and the like are
generally not allowed, except for a few explicit exceptions. We want the
image to be the output of a renderer, not a human or special-effects
program. One guideline that has been mentioned is that any process which
affects every pixel in the image is usually okay, but that's not a hard and
fast rule--it's just used to encompass gamma correction, resizing,
conversion to JPEG format, and so forth, all of which are legal. Another
guideline is, don't do anything to the image that you wouldn't be prepared
to do for every frame of a 30-minute animation."

--
Slash